This is my go-to recipe at the moment. It’s plant based, healthy and full of protein, vitamins and good fats; yummm. It’s pretty filling so try this one when you need a good hearty meal!
Apologies in advance for my vague measurements, I’m not one for attention to detail with cooking but it all works out fine so it’s all good in the hood.
You will need:
5 white mushrooms
a handful of mange tout
6 spring onions
1 tin of coconut milk
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 pack of Cauldron tofu pieces
3 individual packets of rice noodles (medium or udon work best)
a sprinkling of ground ginger
a generous dash of soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic
2 handfuls of spinach
- Chop up all your veg and finely chop the garlic cloves
- Blend together the coconut milk and peanut butter
- Pour it into a pan and heat on a medium/high setting
- Add the garlic, soy sauce and ginger and stir
- Break up the noodles and add them to the pan, along with the tofu and veggies
- Stir for approx 10 minutes
- Add spinach and stir until it’s wilted and mixed itself into the rest
- Serve and enjoy!
This makes 2 large portions or 3 smaller ones.
This is great if you need a quick but tasty comfort meal. I never spend more than 30 minutes cooking but I do like healthy, yummy plant based meals so home-cooked food seems to be the way to go. I’ve got a nice little foodie repertoire that I’ve built up now so let me know if you’d like more easy/vegan recipes!