I was totally overwhelmed with the response to my No Poo post so thank you so much for that! It was amazing to see some of you try it out and hear what you learnt from the experience.
As my hair is now dye/bleach free it is still changing so I thought I’d do a follow up post with a few more tips and potions for you to try out.
First of all, you will still have greasy days! And the more you work out/sweat, the more you’ll need to wash you hair, with or without shampoo.
A recipe that I swear by is this one for dry shampoo. When I go on city breaks for a few days this means I can go the whole time without washing my hair at all (I have too much to see and do, I don’t have time for pampering!)
- Sieve a small amount of oat flour (roughly an eighth of a cup)
- Add a little bit of coco powder and cinnamon
- Mix it all together and put it in a little bottle. I reuse one from Lush that had some body powder in.
- Pour a small amount out onto a dish and use a make up brush to apply to the roots of your hair.
This will soak up any unwanted grease and also adds a touch of volume. If you’re going through a bad hair patch, you can do this every morning and evening. If not, it’s handy to keep in your make up bag for any hair emergencies!
The other thing I’ve started using is tea tree oil and lemon oil. See my method below:
- Add a few drops of tea tree and lemon oil to a spray bottle filled with water.
- Spray over your hair once every few days. I usually spray it at night so by the morning it’s all fresh!
I find this works really well in the evening. I spritz my hair and by morning it’s fresh and bouncy!
How are you getting on with your No Poo regime?
Or would you ever give it a go?