A vegan version of an old favourite. Enjoy!
You will need:
1 small onion
1 portobello mushroom
1 tin of lentils
1 tin of plum tomatoes
ground black pepper
- Finely chop the onion, mushroom and carrot
- Cook spaghetti
- Chop up the tomatoes
- Fry the finely chopped veg for a couple of minutes in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, a bit of tomato puree, mixed herbs, a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper with 1 teaspoon of paprika and 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast to a saucepan, heat it up and stir for approx 10 minutes
- Add lentils and fried veg to the sauce and stir for approx 10 minutes
- Drain spaghetti and dish up!
This is another quick and really healthy meal. The mixture of lentils and tomatoes give the right texture for the bolognese without having to add a meat replacement.
I added violife cheese because why not!
Even if you’re not vegan, this is ideal if you’re looking to lose weight or just for a healthier option. Enjoy!
Would you give it a go?