A Saturday night fave: Curry and chips!
This is perfect for batch cooking. Cook a massive portion, divide up into tupperware boxes and freeze it so you have healthy, quick microwave meals for later in the week. You can then just cook chips or rice to go with it on the day!
It’s reasonably easy, but you might need to alter the measurements slightly to match your personal preferences.
- Cut up sweet potato into smallish chunks and boil for approximately 15 minutes.
- Prep the sauce: Blend together 1 tin of plum tomatoes, 2 tbsp curry powder, half teaspoon of garlic, half teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of chilli powder and half a cup of coconut milk.
- Slice up some aubergine and grill it for approximately 10 minutes (this is optional) but it adds flavour and texture.
- Chop half a small red onion and fry it in coconut oil and half a teaspoon of garlic powder for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium/high, add sauce, potato, aubergine and 2 handfuls of spinach to the onion. Stir and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
I added chips and poppadoms, but wholegrain rice is a healthier option 🙂
A totally yummy meal and much healthier than a takeaway curry!
Do you make healthy versions of unhealthy meals? Let me know!