Ok, so I am not an ‘Instagram’ chef. But I cook really easy, yummy vegan recipes that ANYONE can learn how to do.
Today I made spicy tofu potato skins. It’s really easy and can be quite quick if you get timings right (I didn’t, oops).
- Microwave the potatoes for approximately 10 minutes (this will depend on the size of potato and microwave so check them regularly. You basically want the potato cooked and soft.
- Finely chop all your veg/tofu/whatever you want to put in. I used smoked tofu, onion, tomato, jalepenos and red pepper.
- Crisp the potatoes by putting them in the oven (approx 30 mins, 215 degrees).
- Take potatoes out, cut them in half and scoop out all the potato.
- Mix in scooped potato with chopped veg, mixed herbs and a smidge of black pepper and pop it all back in the skins.
- Put them back in the oven for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add cheese to the top (I use Violife slices) and cook for a further 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
So yummy, easy and perfect for a starter or side as well as a light lunch.